Negative ground tach, battery box, et al...

To: "Mg List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Negative ground tach, battery box, et al...
From: "Matthew Hale" <haleme@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:49:41 -0400
Listers,

I am getting back on track with my restore and have a few questions.

First, to you guys outside of the States, I am looking for a 100 mm Negative
Earth tach for the metal dash.  Does any one know where I can find one of
these in reasonably good condition?

As I start to remove/replace the floors, are there preferred locations for
mounting braces to keep the body stiff and flex free?  I am thinking that
where the hood frame bolts in the back and the fender or windshield holes in
the front.  Any other suggestions to make this easier?

Last, I am thinking way ahead to stereo components.  Not really too far
ahead, considering what I would like to run.  What are the best locations
for speakers, given acoustics, what size will fit and how much of the body
you have to trash?  Right now, I am split between the front kick panels (+
larger speaker and more variety; - cutting that panel) and the doors (+ ease
of install; - really too shallow to mount anything of substance) for the
front and near the hood frame mounts in the rear.  In the rear deck is not
an option.  Where are others putting them?  And does anyone know the cubic
dimensions of a battery box?  I am thinking that would be the perfect place
to build a sealed box and mount a sub.  Just a thought.

See ya'll at British Motor Car Day at Chateau Elan this weekend.

http://www.atlantabritishmotorcarday.com/

Thanks,

Matthew Hale

67 B (currently in 3 Tupperware crates)