Re: Need title-how do you get one

To: BarrMark262@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need title-how do you get one
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 07:52:50 -0700 (PDT)
Dennis, others have responded that you need to check with yor State Dept
of Motor Vehicles.... I have a similar issue with my project car. I have
the title from the PO, but he never had the car titled in his name. So, my
title is from SC, made out to the PO.... And it lists the car as a '66,
even though the build date is October '64. I want to title it accurately
as a '65... So, in NJ, for a "lost/missing" title, I have to obtain a
court order, believe it or not, directing the NJ DMV to issue a title in
my name... Hopefully I won't need a lawyer to do this for me!

--- BarrMark262@aol.com wrote:
> Hi List: I will be starting on a project car soon that has no title. I
> want
> to license it and drive it.
> Have any of you used the "title services" advertised in Hemmings etc.
> I am curious how it works and are they good as far as state agencies are
>
> concerned.
>
> Thanks
> Dennis

=====