Re: Buying Moss parts -- distrubutors

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Buying Moss parts -- distrubutors
From: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 19:07:19 -0700 (PDT)
Don,Kelvin may want to speak to this. Distributors get a decent discount but in
most cases charge for shipping where as Moss ships UPS free.  Some distributors
work out of the internet and shows only, others do repair work and sell spares.
 Still others do all the the above.  I''ve found most are reliable and fair in
prices.  You need to find someone that meets your needs.  Around us there are
several distributors but none closer then 1 hour. I'm west of Philadelphia.
Sometimes I need something the next day.  I call Moss direct and it's on my
door step the next day (usually comes out of their New Jersey wear house).
Other times I can wait a day or two so I'll call Jim Knight at British Racing
Green in Delaware.  He give a nice discount but I have to pay for UPS.  If I
have a week or so of time, I'll order from Jeff Zorn at LBC or Ed  and they
give a little better discount, but I still have to pay shipping.    If I have 2
weeks and am desperate for a C part, I either order from Victoria British or
straight from England (Bromsgrove etc.)Hope that helps Jim69C70B

Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net> wrote:I'm a little confused about the Moss
distributors. I understand they
sell for less than buying from Moss directly?

Any suggestion on which is best -- Moss distributor (and which one for
Triumph TR250 and MGB) or directly from Moss?

I know I should ask Moss directly, but are there any "frequent buyer
discount plans" maybe similar to the TRF car buyers club?

Thanks,

Don Malling