Re: MGA carbs adjustment

To: Rui Gigante <rgigante@oninet.pt>
Subject: Re: MGA carbs adjustment
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 23:57:14 -0500
Rui:

<<<snip>>>
The reading on the needle says "6", which I believe is the correct type.
<<<Snip>>>
Correct if it's 1 1/2" MGA carbs being used on a MGA.

<<<Snip>>>
Should I remove the piston and fix the needle higher ?
<<<snip>>>
I always do, and use a steel straight edge (ruler) to set the shoulder
even with the bottom of the piston.

I would make sure the pistons aren't sticking.  If they're okday, then
I'd just wait until the carbs are on the correct engine.  Any further
fiddling is just a waste of time as each engine will use a slightly
different tune.  Even though they've been rebuilt there are still some
used, and worn, parts in the carbs.

Blake