RE: British Motoring

To: "'Steve Shoyer'" <Steve@shoyer.com>,
Subject: RE: British Motoring
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:37:19 -0700
Steve:

Let's put it this way.  My 1980 MGB has twin carbs bolted on it, that have
not been fired yet.  I'm taking them off and putting the supercharger on
instead.  Even at my cost, the kit is not cheap, it's going to take some
sucking in to afford it.  But after driving both these cars there is no
doubt it's what I want in my daily driver.  The available power will give
the car a better safety margin when commuting on the freeway.  I know that
if I had been in a regular MGB rather than a Miata last year I would not be
here today.  I was accelerating as hard as the Miata would go when the semi
rear ended me, if I'd been in a B the SU carbs would still be thinking about
it.  I also drive a Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel which is turned up.  In
normal driving you don't notice the extra power available, but in an
emergency passing or avoidance manouver it is a tremendous benefit and adds
to the safety of the vehicle.

I'm a firm believer in "Safety Fast!"

Kelvin.