re: front brakes lock on your Jeep...DESPERATE!

To: rowman22001@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: front brakes lock on your Jeep...DESPERATE!
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 23:56:18 EDT
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:02:39 -0500
From: "mghirsch" <mghirsch@netzero.net>
Subject: RE:  DESPERATE

Check the level of the master.  If it is too high, when the fluid heats up
and expands, the brakes will drag, the fluid will get hotter, and eventually
lock the brakes.

Maynard

------------------------------

This is exactly what happened to my MGB in 1992 on the way to Peterborough
for MG '92....after withdrawing some fluid, everything returned to
normal.....I
sincerely hope that this is where your problem lies. I made it about 3 miles
before I lost any acceleration, and notice the very strong smell of hot
brakes.....I was lucky not to have warped a rotor...This still sends a panic
through
both my wife and I when we are are the road and smell the brakes of a
trucker!

Regards...

rick ingram
1978 mgb