Re: valve cover removal

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: valve cover removal
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 22:18:41 -0600
Somehow this calls for a witty reply which I'll have to leave to someone
with a better sense of humor than I (like Ed).

But of course its the two bolts. What other bolts are there? They take a
5/8" wrench. They essentially secure the valve cover to the rocker arm
inside the case which in turn is secured to the engine head.

Perhaps the problem is lifting off the cover. Usually I find the cover will
end up staying firmly sealed to the head after the nuts are removed and may
not just "lift off." Perhaps too, its tough to get a good grip to just lift
it straight up. I know that on several occasions I have loosened the cover
by rapping on the upper sides with a rubber mallet. Once the seal is
broken, it lifts right off.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B