RE: British Motoring

To: "'Larry Colen'" <lrcar@red4est.com>,
Subject: RE: British Motoring
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:54:40 -0700
Larry:

        I've been following your supercharger developments with real
interest, and am amazed at the energy you have put into development.  I
don't think we would be comparing apples and apples between the two systems
until someone decides to do more development with the Moss Supercharger
package.  Out of the box, the unit is designed to be safe on a good
condition, stock engine, so there is a lot of room for tweaking for a
specially modified engine.  We are going to have to leave the maximum
performance tuning to someone with a lot more time and energy to spend in
development, as we have to pursue new projects.  We designed a nice compact
durable package that fits with the minimum of agravation into the 68-80 B.
Now we are going to make packages that fit the earlier B and MGAs, then
perhaps the A series.  I'm going to monitor feedback, so a FAQ list can
created for those that want to wring maximum potential out of the kit, and
if someone comes up with anything we overlooked or could do better we will
incorporate the changes, with due credit given.  This is the same way that
we have marketed the Jackson racing Superchargers for Honda, Ford Focus and
Miata.  We offer different sized pulleys, so boost can be adjusted and some
knock detector and water injection hardware but do not offer technical
advise, as each engine is going to be different and one persons safety
margin is antother's "dare" zone.  For the B we will offer different
pulleys, a boost gauge kit, fuel/air ratio guage kits and we are also
looking into the possibility of different carburetion.

Don't look to me for tweaking, as I'm going to be lucky to get my 80 MGB on
the road sometime in the next decade.  I'm currently chasing header leaks
and a host of other problems in my SD1 and have to get that car back
together before getting back onto the B.  With no garage I can only have one
car in bits at a time.

all the best

Kelvin.