Re: Subverting the paradigm (kind of off topic)

To: Paul Parkanzky <parkanz1@msu.edu>
Subject: Re: Subverting the paradigm (kind of off topic)
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:14:54 -0700
On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:47:58PM -0400, Paul Parkanzky wrote:
> Most probably already know this, but sites like www.friendster.com make
> their money by selling the huge lists of email addresses that they
> generate.  More spam for you!

I don't think that will be their business model. First of all, it's a
"free while in beta" site.  They also seem to have put a bit too much
work into it for it to be a typical email harvesting site. I suspect
that when they get things ironed out, they'll start charging for the
service. By then, I'll decide if it's worth any money. in the mean
time, it's fun to play with.

I think that it would be fun to get people to list their british cars
under interests (mg, british cars, triumph, cortina ... whatever) and
see who connects where).

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.