RE: go for balance or rings?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: go for balance or rings?
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 06:55:43 -0600
Larry, my practice has always been to replace all rings, re-hone the
cylinders, and balance the new piston to the old ones.  You can do less,
but if the engine is a high performance engine the more you do the
better.

Aren't you using a supercharger?  What is your compression ratio?  Those
pistons look like they will be in the 10:1 ratio with a 'normal' head.
Isn't that to high of a compression ratio for a supercharger?

Also that piston looks like something beat on it.  Those nicks (which
appear to be old) may cause detonation.

Larry Hoy