Re: LE spoiler

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LE spoiler
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:22:24 -0700 (PDT)
> Does the Limited Edition Spoiler help with
> any down force?  I find my car at highway speed
> has way too light steering/front end feel.

Yeesh.  I don't know what highway speeds you're
running, but I can't imagine you are starting to get
TOO much aerodynamic lift at 70 or 80 MPH.  Maybe a
touch, but probably not enough to make the front end
dramatically light.  Relative to the weight of the
car, I can't imagine a B generating any appreciable
lift at those speeds.  I had mine up around 102 or 103
on a long downhill stretch coming out of the Blueridge
mountains, and it was fine.

Is it possible the ride height is screwy?  Maybe the
new front springs are creating a sort of "lifted"
front end or something, and air is getting up
underneath there...  Lowering it, if you haven't
already done that, would probably help more than the
LE spoiler would.

But that's just my $0.02...

Cheers,

=====