RE: MG "racing"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MG "racing"
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:09:01 -0500
> 3)  I've tried autocrossing in parking lots with
> courses made from traffic cones, and although I know
> it can be fun, it's not the same for me.  I need to
> get out on a proper road course, or even better, do
> the occasional hillclimb or something.  I would LOVE
> to do a hillclimb now and again.

Good thing you included this, because until I saw it I was going to
suggest Solo I or Solo II.  I'm not terribly familiar with the rules
(i.e. how much you'd have to modify the car), but might SCCA Club Racing
be something you could look into.

> Any thoughts?  Any resources just for getting back out
> there?  SVRA?  SCCA?  Even a club that will let me run
> with them, like the BMW Car Club or something?  Is
> anyone else in my region doing anything like this?

When our local BMW club does track days, anyone can participate, so
something like that would certainly be worth looking into.