Re: air filter

To: "Taylor, Todd S" <todd.s.taylor@lmco.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: air filter
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:26:13 +0100
If the external surface of the filter is getting black and clogged then
whatever it is, is getting into the cleaner from outside.  This *could* be a
very rich mixture but would also need an exhaust leak close to the air
intake.  Is it sooty like in the exhaust?  Other than that there is some
other source of the contaminant.