165 R 15 tires

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 165 R 15 tires
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:46:15 -0700
I'm trying to fine replacement tires for my '57 MGA in the 165R15 size.
It's not easy to do. I have found two candidates: Cooper GLT Sportmaster
and Les Schwab's brand. Price is similar (a little less for the
Schwabs).

Does anybody have any experience or recommendations on these tires? Or
other suggestions?

On another area, I need to sandblast the wheels (to get off several
layers of spray-can paint). The sandblaster can also powder-coat the
wheels to my color preference. My question is whether the powder coating
is worth it compared to priming and painting myself. I'm after longevity
and quality, not cost. Is powder coating that much better than painting?

Thanks

Howard Battan
'57 MGA w/ twin cam Dunlop brakes all around (don't ask me, I don't know
- it came to me that way)