Re: Re: Replacement Panel Primer]

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Replacement Panel Primer]
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:58:34 +0100
I didn't see MGB shells primed, but Mini shells were rolled 360 degrees
while going through the bath sideways (to get them in training for
rallying?). Other films I have seen show other shells going through upright,
but entering at quite a steep nose-down angle and exiting nose up.  Given
the mass of holes at the bottom of both inner and outer cavities I would
expect near complete coverage because even though there are no holes (or
possibly only the one in the outer cavity near the door hinge) in the top of
the cavities, as the shell enters nose down air will be expelled from the
rear holes and the paint will reach all surfaces, and vice-versa as it
exits.