Re: Replacement Panel Primer

To: "Chris Attias" <cattias@ucsc.edu>, "MG Listserver"
Subject: Re: Replacement Panel Primer
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:02:35 +0100
Replacement panels I have received in the past came with a label saying that
the 'primer' was for shipping protection only and should be removed to bare
metal before painting, and indeed came off relatively easily with thinners.
However more recent panels came with no label and the primer would only come
off with abrasion, so I have tended to think it is a 'proper' primer and
left it on.

Always use a weld-through primer on the insides of box sections or the
repair panels will rust through far quicker than the originals.