RE: MGA - determining year

To: "'Rick deOlazarra'" <cattail@redshift.com>,
Subject: RE: MGA - determining year
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:06:01 -0500
Checking "Original MGA" on page 99, one can see a number of ranges of
serial numbers. It would seem to me that if you have a serial number,
simple interpolation would pretty quickly lead you to the year of
manufacture and even a close approximation of month. The factory never
designated a model year until the MGB.

In many cases, states that did not have titles would record a car when
it was first registered. Then if that state went to titles, they usually
used the registration date as the "model" year of the car.

As long as you can show that your VIN falls between two known and
documented chassis numbers, that should be sufficient to establish the
"model" year.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer