Re: New Guy

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Guy
From: "Harold Pulcher" <pulcher@killercomputing.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 06:42:31 -0500
The tach should work if you reconnect the white and black wire to the coil.
Grab a Haynes book and check the schematic.

As far as ALLISON goes, I had the same on my 80B when I purchased it.  It
seems that Crane had purchased allison a while ago.  When I called Crane to
ask about it, thinking it could be the source of my problems, the Tech
support person on the phone explained to me that they indeed had purchased
allison.  He also said the following "Put that piece of sh*t in a box, mail
it back to us and we will sell you a new XR700 at half price".

Don't know if that is still the deal, but I would inquire about it.

Of course if you read the list or hang out at club get togethers very much
you will see that the recommendation here is to "put that crane crap in the
trash and use a pertronix". :)

I have had really good luck with mine so far.  I am gonna guess the DPO
didn't know what he was doing(duh), and didn't rehook up all the needed
wiring.

Harold
80B
79B Parts/project on hold