Hydraulic pipe connector thread question MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hydraulic pipe connector thread question MGB
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:31:24 EDT
Hi List: On occasion, it is necesary to "dress up" the threads on our brake
and clutch pipe connectors to prevent cross-threading and ruining a master
cylinder or such item.
I have never found the thread pattern to match anything I have in my tap and
die sets to accomplish the necessary "dressing".
Our local hydraulic and brake shop cannot identify the threads either.
I would be interested in owning the necessary threading and flaring tools if
I knew what to buy. It would be nice to fabricate new lines or at least be
able to keep the existing ones healthy.
Can someone give me this data?

Thank you
Dennis Barr