Re: Hydraulic pipe connector thread question MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hydraulic pipe connector thread question MGB
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:07:37 -0700
on 7/18/03 10:36 AM, Bullwinkle at yd3@nvc.net wrote:

> The hydralic brake line nipples on my MGA twin cam are 3/8 by 24.  At
> least it is on the pipe tht runs from the fourway to the RH wheel mount.
>
> Blake

I don't think the end at the MC is the same as the end at the wheel flex
hose. Not to mention the ends at the junction block. What would be handy is
a reference for all the above, plus hose ends, caliper fittings, wheel
cylinder fitting, axle breather block, etc.

The information exists, obviously, because replacement brake lines and other
parts are available. But I've never seen it written down in one place, as a
reference for making up your own lines, or finding substitute flex hoses,
for example.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149