Re: Spare Fuel Pump for Trip

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spare Fuel Pump for Trip
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:14:14 -0600
At 05:20 PM 7/18/2003 -0500, Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:
>    I wonder how many people ever service the points in the pump
> regularly.  Not many, I surmise.  I had a '70 B that was my daily driver
> for 5 years and more.  I never touched the fuel pump except to tighten up
> the banjo nut on the outlet now and then and clean off the grime that
> gathered on it.  Never had a problem.

I agree. I have only had a fuel pump go bad once. That was on a 71BGT and
after 15 years of  my driving with over half as a daily driver on a 100
mile daily commute. Never once did I have to do anything with it or its
fittings or connections. When it died, it just stopped working so that the
car just didn't run one morning. I attempted to replace the diaphragm and
the points but I still could not get the pump to work so I bought a new one
from Moss. Now the pump, as well as most of the other running parts of my
71BGT, are powering my 72B.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B