Re: Got the B home, but now what?

To: Construction Alberta News Bush <CANews@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Got the B home, but now what?
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:23:18 -0700 (PDT)
Grant, supposedly the early cars have the chassis number (which is what
you want) stamped onto the front subframe somewhere around one of the
engine mounts. I don't recall if I read this in Clausager's book or saw it
mentioned here in the past.... And I am out of town so I cannot check the
former. I have not looked on my Oct-64 built B to confirm. Engine number
won't help 'cause who knows if that's the original engine plate? The
chassis number will start with 'GHN3L', with a 4 or 5 digit number after
that. Good luck!

--- Construction Alberta News Bush <CANews@telus.net> wrote:
> Went and got my new 63B from about 360 miles away on the weekend. Car
> performed flawlessly and it was an uneventful trip home.
>
> However, in my excitement to get the car, I foolishly never bothered to
> check
> the VIN Number provided by the PO to the plate on the car.

=====
Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)