Re: Any new news with the cuban guy?

To: "steve devine" <stevedevine@rcn.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any new news with the cuban guy?
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:21:01 -0500
At 07:02 PM 7/22/03 -0500, steve devine wrote:
>Hey Barney
>   I was just wondering if you have had any new news to report with the
> cuban connection?

As noted earlier, the books I sent via snail mail in January were never
delivered.  No word from the island since mid May, but the e-mail address
should still work.  He did previously request that I not forward every
e-mail message he was sending, so please exercise some political finnesse.

Still have some hope for a hand carry air delivery from Gander,
Newfoundland, even though Cubanna air flights there have dropped to a
trickle.  Some concern about slow shipping USA to Canada, possible customs
problems, and multiple relays could be a problem.  Had one offer to hand
carry from Detroit to Windsor and ship within Canada, but that leaves a lot
of relaying.

I haven't made the connection yet, but supposedly there is a fellow who is
a member of our local MG club, west of Chicago, who occasionally flies a
corporate jet from here to Gander on business.  It would be nice to drop
off a package locally here, have it do one hop to Gander and one hop to
Havanna, all hand tended amoung friends and acquaintances.  So far no
response from local e-mail, but still working on it.  If I can make this
connection, it would be time it start collecting.

I will keep on the project and keep you informed.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com