Re: Transporting an engine in an SUV

To: kpdii@earthlink.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transporting an engine in an SUV
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:01:03 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/03 11:21:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kpdii@earthlink.net writes:

> Any suggestions as to how to load it, I might have no help in moving it.  It
> is on an engine stand right now, but I would have to take it off of that to
> get it in.  How much will it weight?  300#?

I moved a TD engine from ALbany NY to central NJ.  I managed to lift that by
myself, but I doubt one person could lift the B engine.  I'd think you'd need
two.  As for tying down, I didn't, and it didn't budge for the whole 5 hour
trip.  I placed a thick plastic tarp underneath to keep the gunk off the carpet
of my wife's Explorer, and there were no problems.  Just be careful when you
set it down that it isn't leaning in a direction where oil can seep out (or,
make sure the oil is drained first!)

Steve in NJ