Re: MGA 1600 engine and tranny rebuild

To: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA 1600 engine and tranny rebuild
From: "Rick deOlazarra" <cattail@redshift.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:59:06 -0700
 Yes, wouldn't it be nice to have the whole car rebuilt for about $4500?
I'd be camped on his doorstep..  No, it's the engine only. Everything, top
to bottome, done right. They won't rebuild the engine unless you also agree
to have the ancilliaries done too, ie: re-cored radiatoer, rebuild starter,
generator, carburetors, waterpump etc.
 I only pass on the info to give you some perspective.  It's the only quote
I got on a "done right, thorough rebuild", so there may be others for
less/more/inferior/superior, etc.  Moot point anyway, since you're only
looking for an overhaul, which, to my understanding, is: if it works, don't
fix it, and fix what don't work, which is about all most of us can afford to
do these days.
 You can check them out at britcars.com if you like.

-Rick