Engine Rebuilding in Lubbock TX

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Rebuilding in Lubbock TX
From: "Scott Bradney" <scott_bradney@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:31:27 -0500
Does anyone know of or had experience with any place in Lubbock, Texas for
engine rebuilding?  I have a 1980 MGB that until a week ago was running
great but now I have a connecting rod that is trying to become unconnected
(so to speak).  So instead of just trying to fix it (with a new bearing or
whatever else would work for the short term) I decided it would make more
sense to just do a complete rebuild.

Now here is the problem; first I dont live in Lubbock (I live in San
Antonio) but will be moving there in a few weeks to start Law school so
therefore I cannot just pick up the yellow pages, second in my search to
find a club or at least other MG owners in Lubbock has been fruitless,  the
only engine rebuilding company that I was able to locate there said they
would not touch it and then so politely HUNG UP before I was able to ask if
maybe they knew somebody that would.

I would like to get in contact with a shop there as soon as possible as the
MG is my daily driver (hasnt let me down since I bought it in Oct 2001, ok
well now it has) and would like to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks
Scott

80 MGB