Re: [Fwd: Re: MGB Tire Size]

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: MGB Tire Size]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:41:25 -0700
165R-14 is available from Vredestein.

I don't want to quibble (OK, I have been quibbling, but not on this point)
but 3/4" difference in width on a 6" wide tire is certainly noticeable. I
certainly agree more rubber on the road is better for spirited driving, but
this whole tire discussion started with someone who wanted original
appearing tires for a 1963 B. My point was that a 70-series tire wasn't
going to be "equivalent" in terms of a dimension-for-dimension match. But
now I think you meant something different by "equivalent" -- something like
"similar rolling diameter" or "reasonable street replacement" -- and I would
certainly agree with that.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149