RE:Starting the Engine Work on my 68B

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Starting the Engine Work on my 68B
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@teradata-ncr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:16:14 -0400
by the time you complete your plan of action - the cost
will be quite high and there is no guarantee that you'll
be able to "blow by hatchbacks". I went this route about
10 years ago and was somewhat disappointed - to get the
power you're looking for, you have to rev the snot out of
the engine.

What the expression - "you can't make a silk purse out of
a sow's ear". If you want to increase the output of the engine
(we are talking torque - that's what you feel when you put your
foot down) - take a close look at Supercharging. I installed one
2 years ago, on a newly rebuilt stock engine -  I never regretted
it. It was what I wanted. Tons of torque for overtaking, cruises
comfortable at 80mph (with lots of reserve for a quick shot up
to 90mph) and so far 100% reliable.

If you want more horsepower (mine was dynoed at 98 hp at the
wheels), it a five minute job to change pulleys. Every 1LB
increase in boost - it's equivalent to ~11hp)

BTW - with the Australian dollar plummeting like a lead balloon,
getting the SC from Hans Peterson may work out better than Moss.
Gerry