Re: Trunk lid of doom

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trunk lid of doom
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:02:25 -0600
Funny thing about my boot lid - it always faithfully just pops open when
the car is in the garage. But every time I take it anywhere and let it sit
under the hot sun, it resists opening. Yesterday, it just would not open.
So I parked it in the garage with some idiot idea that maybe it would open
again after the lid cooled off a bit but I sent my email just in case it
did not.

Well, once again, after three or four hours of sitting in the garage, and
after the usual tricks - twisting the handle, pushing down on the lid or
forward on it, it once again popped open like there was no problem. And I
can open and shut it with the crisp click again.

I was just about to drill the hole using a 1/8" drill bit. Fortunately, my
son's 65B is also in the garage [the house has a 3 stall garage, a key
reason why I bought the house] so I was able to verify the theory of the hole.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies. I think Paul's answer is the way to go
and I will likely go ahead and make the hole just for future occurrences.
The other method would be to somehow modify the key mechanism to allow
greater travel - maybe a future project.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B