Burned by another eBay seller

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Burned by another eBay seller
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:12:15 -0400
NO MORE eBay buying for this MG parts consumer!!!
This guy is a real piece-o-work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2422666405
Auction was for 5 Midget Wheels "good condition but could use repainting".

I was very pleased to have winning bid at $60 . I was notified of amount to
send, including shipping, shortly after  close of auction and had a money order
in the mail within next 24 hours. 10 days later I followed up and got back a
message that he had received payment but was tied up and unable to ship / he
would try to ship the next day. Two days later I get a message that his
shipping guesstimate was off and I needed to send $15 more dollars. I replied
that I needed wheels shipped before I would send more money. Wheels arrived
four days later and three of the five were garbage that had sustained major rim
shots. I notified seller who replied that he had three more with tires on and
he would send them if I would pay more shipping .  UNBELIEVABLE!!   He further
explained "I am a business not some guy clearing out a garage after a
restoration or selling his car.. I have to turn a profit.". It was a great
comfort for me to know that I was taken by a pro, not an amateur.

Oh yeah, this guy will not be getting that additional $15.00 he
requested..............that's for sure.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch w/ three free Midget wheels available.........you can pick them
up friday morning on my curb where they will be out with the trash.