RE: Sebring Valance legality and Peco exhaust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Sebring Valance legality and Peco exhaust
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:51:16 -0700 (PDT)
> I was concerned that the Peco would
> be as loud. Perhaps since it's designed
> to be a single unit, it's better??

Hmmm... I don't know.  I haven't heard a stock system
with no resonator, but the Peco sounds really, really
nice to me.  It's throaty to be sure, and louder than
stock by a significant factor, but not oppressively or
intrusively loud.  At least not by my standards.  It
sounds about as loud as a stock TR6 or something, with
that same sort of deeper note.

And under constant throttle, like cruising along at 45
mph, it doesn't seem any louder than stock.  Best of
all, there are no annoying resonances in the system.
It doesn't sound weird or ill-developed at any RPM or
throttle position.  Just burbly.  Which makes sense,
because the muffler is just a straight through pipe
with the can of sound deadening material around it.
No baffles whatsover...

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project