RE:

To: <menno.meijer@ict.nl>
Subject: RE:
From: "J. Barry Waterland" <artforu@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:13:45 -0700
Menno,

I'm going to go over the obvious here so bear with me:

1)            Did you make sure you were rolling the car forward when you set
the
static timing?
2) Hand applied gentle clockwise pressure to the rotor arm as you checked
that the points were just opening?
3) Are the valve clearances all good?

Disconnect the vacuum advance (and obviously plug the line) when you check
the dynamic timing. I believe (from memory) it should be 14 degrees BTDC at
600 rpm.

Barry Waterland
Duarte, CA
1977 "B" BRG Roadster