SU Mixture adjustment

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Mixture adjustment
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:38:24 -0700 (PDT)
My car is running very smooth, but rich.  The
back-poppling on overrun is increasingly severe, and
the tailpipe is pretty sooty.  Also, my fuel economy
has recently gone to hell despite no apparent leaks.
But the car runs really well...

I fear I might have more carb work to do than just
adjusting the mixture, but I figured I'd try that
first.

Which way do I turn the adjustment screws to lean the
mixture?  Any thoughts on what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project