Re: I want a "Lucas Electrical Emergency Team" hat/t-shirt

To: MGTD1952@cs.com, dtlake@erols.com, mgs@autox.team.net, tab@penworks.com
Subject: Re: I want a "Lucas Electrical Emergency Team" hat/t-shirt
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 05:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
> I believe there is a "Lucas Quality Inspector" hat
> already on the market that
> is supposed to be a spoof.  So if that's okay, why
> wouldn't this be?  I'm
> sure it's not licensed by the miinions of the Prince
> of D.

You're right.  If they are using the Lucas logo
without permission, and no one is doing anything about
it, then this is exactly the kind of thing that
probably implies that whoever owns the Lucas brand is
not protecting it vigorously.

Look, I'm not saying they are going to come slap me
with a fine, or whoever does the design or prints the
shirts or sells the shirts or advertises the shirts or
whatever.  That is very unlikely.  I'm merely pointing
out that using a company's logo without their
permission CAN, at some times and with some companies,
have relatively serious consequences.

That's all.

=====
Paul Misencik