MGC Engine rebuild in NE

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGC Engine rebuild in NE
From: "Jim Tinkham" <JLTinkham@tds.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 08:27:45 -0400
Took the plunge yesterday and tried to turn the engine.  Now this car has been
sitting since 85 and was not totally buttoned up.  The brakes were totally
disassembled and the plugs were not tight in there holes etc.

I didn't expect it but the 1/2" breaker bar I was using to try and manually
turn it first broke before the engine turned.  We put kerosene in the
cylinders first and 4 5 & 6 drained out nicely.  1 2 & 3 appear water tight.
I haven't looked at it this morning yet but don't expect to see a drop in
level.

Now the question.  The engine is obviously seized and needs a rebuild.  Is
there anyone in New England that the list would recommend.  I'm about half way
up the western border of NH and will pull the engine/transmission and take the
lump to whomever I choose to do it so closeness to Lebanon NH is somewhat of a
factor but I'll go where ever I neeed.

Jim
69 MGC GT -slightly deader :(