Desmogging details

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Desmogging details
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:57:26 -0700 (PDT)
> You need 4 7/16" 1/2" long allen head screws
> for the head and I think it's a 1/2" bolt for
> the intake.

> John Twist, says to grease a tap to cut the
> grooves in the hole so the shavings don't
> fall into the manifold.

Why do I need to tap the intake hole?  The hose from
the gulp valve attaches to an elbow fitting at the top
of the intake manifold, so can't I just cap it?  Like
a thick rubber cap held on by a hose clamp or
something?

In a way, that's almost what's on there now, so why
would I have to tap it and bolt it closed?

Thanks,

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project