Rear Hub removal

To: "Mg List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Hub removal
From: "Matthew E. Hale" <haleme@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:01:34 -0400
I am disassembling the rear axle and am having trouble removing the rear
hub.  I got the cotter pin out without incident; the 1 5/16" crown nut
holding the hub to the axle shaft will not budge.  I have tried a
breaker bar with a hammer and an impact driver and cannot get anything.
I have made sure that the front of the differential is not spinning, so
I can rule that out.  Last, does the side of the car impact which way
the nut spins?  I think the banjo axle does, but my tubed axle does not.
Any help would be great.

Matthew Hale
67 B