Re: Changing front springs

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>,
Subject: Re: Changing front springs
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:59:10 +0100
It *is* a chore, and you don't need to do anything with the springs to
change the bearings or vice-versa.  If both are needed they would be tackled
separately anyway, I can't really imagine going half-way with one then
starting the other.  As long as the bottom A-arm to stub-axle bolt comes out
OK (with the car securely supported on axle stands and a jack lifting the
spring pan clear of the rebound rubbers) there really isn't much more than
that to changing a spring.

PaulH.