Re: off topic-Mini test drive

To: mmorris@nemr.net
Subject: Re: off topic-Mini test drive
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:48:39 -0700 (PDT)
MonteMorris SEZ -
> My daughter is going to buy a MiniCooper S so we went to test drive one in
> St. Louis last weekend. I was very surprised at the handling, power, and
> safety devises on this car. The 6 speed shifted flawlessly and it really had
> acceleration, even at 70 mph! The door shuts very solidly and there were no
> rattles. If I were going to buy a  new car, this would be the one.

My understanding is that MG/Rover did a great deal of the
development on this car before BMW split them up.  In fact,
I have a photo of the MG/Rover plant with a sign out front
showing the MG, Rover and Mini logos.  So this car is
probably the closest thing to an MG currently available in
the US.

My brother got one of the first ones and he loves it.  My
wife talked for a long time about getting a late model "gray
market" original Mini (brought back by a GI) - now she wants
a new one.

--
David Breneman                     | "Far and away the best prize that
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  life offers is the chance to