Re: off topic-Mini test drive

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: off topic-Mini test drive
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:21:29 EDT
My wife Jan has a standard Cooper in Automatic 6 speed and loves it.  Was the
second one in Detroit got it about a year ago now.  It got rear ended last
week and you should see the other car ;)  Her car was not too bad, but not
drivable really, but the other car had far more damage, it actually more or
less
went under the MINI go figure.  The automatic is actually very good and we took
it on a 1400 mile trip for a weekend a couple of weeks ago.  Got about 36-38
MPG.

When I was at the MG-Rover plant two years ago they were not happy campers.
They thought they were going to be able to keep production of the old Mini,
but BMW destroyed all the tooling.

Jeff

In a message dated 9/10/2003 11:57:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
idcb@airborne.com writes:

> Subj: Re: off topic-Mini test drive
>  Date: 9/10/2003 11:57:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:idcb@airborne.com";>idcb@airborne.com</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:mmorris@nemr.net";>mmorris@nemr.net</A>
>  CC: <A HREF="mailto:mgs@autox.team.net";>mgs@autox.team.net</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>

> MonteMorris SEZ -
> >My daughter is going to buy a MiniCooper S so we went to test drive one in
> >St. Louis last weekend. I was very surprised at the handling, power, and
> >safety devises on this car. The 6 speed shifted flawlessly and it really
> had
> >acceleration, even at 70 mph! The door shuts very solidly and there were no
> >rattles. If I were going to buy a  new car, this would be the one.
>
> My understanding is that MG/Rover did a great deal of the
> development on this car before BMW split them up.  In fact,
> I have a photo of the MG/Rover plant with a sign out front
> showing the MG, Rover and Mini logos.  So this car is
> probably the closest thing to an MG currently available in
> the US.
>
> My brother got one of the first ones and he loves it.  My
> wife talked for a long time about getting a late model "gray
> market" original Mini (brought back by a GI) - now she wants
> a new one.

Best Regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co. / Vintage Motors, LTD.
<A HREF="http://www.lbcarco.com/";>http://www.LBCarCo.com</A>

Also visit the premier MGA Website
<A HREF="http://www.namgar.com/";>http://www.namgar.com</A>