Re: Moss Supercharger

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moss Supercharger
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:08:56 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/03 8:29:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Specifically can I install a
> non stock "hotter" cam and still use the supercharger? In the event I
> remove the supercharger for some reason, I might still like to have a
> "better" cam in it.

Cam timing for forced in duction and normally tuned motors are not the same.
You want much less overlap for blown than for regular tuning.

I'm afraid you'll have to make up your mind which way you want to go and
stick to it.

PS - anything under 6 psi isn't worth bothering with, and you need 8-10 to be
worthwhile. And no more than 8.5 compression. If you want 9.5 and low boost
you may as well not bother.

Bill
(street V6 - 13.5 psi boost)