Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:10:24 +0100
If easing off the throttle pedal results in a bit more power I'd be thinking
weak mixture i.e. fuel starvation.  When the problem is *not* apparent
remove the tops of the float chambers and familiarise yourself with the fuel
level.  Go out and trigger the loss of power to the greatest effect you can,
switch off, bring the car to a stop, and check the fuel level again.  If it
*is* starvation one or more of the float chambers will be nearly empty.  If
both you can look to the pump, if only one then its float valve.

PaulH.