Re: How to best clean Weber sidedraft (was twin SU carbs?)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to best clean Weber sidedraft (was twin SU carbs?)
From: Flavin122500@cs.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:51:01 EDT
In a message dated 9/23/03 11:31:10 pm Eastern Daylight Time, Flavin122500
writes:

<< mgs@autox.team.net

  Once upon a time, (before the EPA), one could buy carb cleaners that would
dissolve most of the brown gummy goo that "modern" gasoline leaves in the
bottom of the float bowl without removal of the entire carb or dissolving
plastic
parts. Has anyone on this list any experience with any available solvent that
will do this, and, if so, who is a supplier? I have something like paint
stripper for aircraft or some industrial cleaner in mind. I recall my Dad
having a
system that would allow the carb to be hooked up to a container of straight
solvent that, as I recall, worked well.       Pete >>