THE RETURN OF THE PRACTICAL BRITISH MUSCLE CAR

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: THE RETURN OF THE PRACTICAL BRITISH MUSCLE CAR
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:46:00 +1030
RELEASE IMMEDIATE
September 23, 2003

THE RETURN OF THE PRACTICAL BRITISH MUSCLE CAR

MG Rover Group has today (September 23) launched the V8 powered MG ZT
260 V8.  The rear-wheel drive vehicle, available in ZT saloon and ZT-T
estate car, powered by a 260bhp 4.6-litre V8 engine and with an awesome
410Nm of torque to deliver class-leading acceleration, is now available
for customer order in the UK.  With an on-the-road price starting at
#27,995, the ZT 260 offers an unbeatable combination of price and
performance.

Rob Oldaker, MG Rover Groups Product Development Director, commented:
The MG ZT 260 V8 demonstrates our commitment to deliver cars of true
pedigree and character.  This is a truly rewarding car to drive.  Our
choice of a big, torquey engine has been vindicated as this is a
deceptively quick and efficient cross-country car. The more you drive
it, the more you appreciate its unique muscle car character that flies
in the face of our competitors trend towards buzzy high-revving
engines.

Its introduction means MG now has the broadest range in its 80-year
history.  The new V8 heralds the return of the practical British muscle
car, and as an MG its obviously great value too.

(pssst - a little birdy told me that they are using a ford v8 - maybe
like the one wot they put in a stang..)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII