Re: high fuel consumption

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: high fuel consumption
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:36:41 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Telewest (PH)" wrote:
> Physical leaks...

Yes, my old 1963 MGB had this problem.  The fuel tank
had rusted at the top, where I couldn't see it.  I
guess water had gotten trapped up there and just sat
around for years, rotting the top of the tank.
Anyway, the fuel would slosh out and run down onto the
hot exhaust (yikes!) and evaporate.  It didn't ever
catch fire or anything, but it took me a while to
figure out why I was getting such crappy fuel economy...

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project
Huntersville, NC  USA