Re: mgb overdrive

To: "Richard" <ramsmgb@cox.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mgb overdrive
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:36:04 -0400
I went through something similar with my dad's overdrive, everything worked
fine stationary but was intermittent on the road.  We bypassed the 3rd/4th
gear switch and it worked perfectly on the road (be really careful if you
decide to try that).  The switch itself works fine but it needed to be
reshimmed.  There are little paper shims that you use to adjust the switch,
typically you will use zero or one of them.  Perhaps you should try
resimming the switch, although I'm not sure it can be done with the
transmission in the car.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8