Re: mgb overdrive

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mgb overdrive
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:58:22 EDT
In a message dated 9/29/03 2:49:17 PM, jhn3@uakron.edu writes:

<< Perhaps you should try

reshimming the switch, although I'm not sure it can be done with the

transmission in the car. >>

I'm having that exact problem in my car; when it jumps out of overdrive in
cruise, if I exert a little pressure on the shifter towards the rear and right
it puts it back into OD, but holding pressure on your shifter is no way to
drive.
Just two days ago I attended the MGs of Baltimore gathering at Rocks State
Park (MGs on the Rocks) and sucked some data out of the head of MG guru Alan
Tucker on this topic.  He said that if you disconnect the driveshaft and unbolt
the transmission support brace, letting the tranny rest on the welded brace,
that provides just enough room to reach up on the left side of the tranny (as
viewed from the tailshaft) and work on the cutout switch.  I haven't tried it
yet.

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang