Re: Mileage

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mileage
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:04:22 -0700
Hmm, top-up, I would expect at least that kind of mileage from a B with OD.
Not that anyone is likely to cruise one at much over 80 -- too
noisy/drafty/shakey (pick one or more). Where traffic permits, I frequently
cruise at 75 top-down, and I'm sure I'm getting close to 25mpg. And that's
wimpy US gallons!

That said, I don't think I'd care to put in 600 miles at 80+ in the B over a
weekend -- probably wind up partially deaf, with blurred vision <g>.

I also have a larger V8 car I tend to use for long-distance freeway touring,
but it has only been turning in 13mpg US. I think it's time to rebuild the
carburetor...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149