Re: Tire diameter question

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire diameter question
From: Douglas McKinnie <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 03 13:21:50 +0100
I've been running 175/r-14 on the front for some time, the nearest
Goodyear franchise had them in stock as a cancelled order, and as I'd had
a blow out on tires that came with the car I took what was available. I
had 185/70 on the rear, with some rubbing on the left fender well that I
think is peculiar to body repair on my car, and replaced these at the
beginning of last summer with 175/70, which another Goodyear franchise
assured me would cure the rubbing problem.

The car handled much better with the 185/70's than it does with the
175/70's. The front tires appear to be bigger than the 175's, but I never
noticed this with the 185's.

Douglas McKinnie
'72 B-GT (Rostyle wheels)