Fuel Pump

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pump
From: "Dave Gunderson" <dgunderson@oecu.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:52:19 -0400
I am a newbie to the MG world as I have just purchased a 1978 B.

I have a question / concern regarding the noise coming from my fuel pump, it
sounds like Riverdance being performed behind me as I drive. I understand
it is a point(s) actuated pump as the diaphragm moves in and out it causes a
rod to open and close the points but should it be that loud? It is nearly
constant running (tapping loudly); I estimate it is running 99% of the time.
I have not had any fuel starvation problems.

Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I find it hard to
believe they were designed to be this loud.

Thank you,

Dave Gunderson
Moffat, Ontario
Canada